I was tagged for this by my good friend Aila Stephens. You can find her Q&A here. Full disclosure that this is my second time being tagged in this particular game and am presumably now an honorary member of the blogging sisterhood. I’ve already answered one round of questions in this post ‘Click me’. But there were different questions this time and there’s nothing that says i can’t do another one, so there. Besides, they’re fun to do.
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
2. Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10)
4. Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
1.) What object is closest to the left of your computer and how could you use it in the zombie apocalypse?
Umm, it’s a mason jar cup with a candle inside it. I’m probably screwed. Why do i not keep a flamethrower in my living room for questions like these?
2.) You’re in the woods; it’s dark. Suddenly a branch cracks on the ground only a few feet behind you and all the little hairs on your neck stand at attention – what is the *first* thing you hope it isn’t going to be?
The anthropomorphized spirit of all of my ignored To-Do lists coming to hunt me down.
3.) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Strawberry. I was the kid who ate all the strawberry out of the Neapolitan tub when everybody else went for chocolate. It is surprisingly difficult to find nice strawberry ice cream by the way. It’s an under appreciated flavour. I’m also partial to a good vanilla ice cream. ‘You say boring, I say Classic’.
4.) What known (doesn’t have to be well-known) superhero would you be, and which of their villains would you most want to face?
Not strictly a super hero because he doesn’t have special powers, but he’s been wearing purple tights and fighting baddies in comics since the 1930s. I would choose to be The Phantom, ‘The Ghost Who Walks’, milk drinking puncher of bad guys (I wanted one of those skull rings so badly when i was a kid). I read the comics religiously every week and just – don’t talk to me about the movie okay?
Villains? I would totes want to face his old nemesis the Singh Brotherhood pirates.
5.) What charitable organization is closest to your heart, and why?
The Samaritans. Because their family support workers were invaluable to me when i was first dealing with becoming a single father.
6.) What is your absolute favorite thing about yourself?
The fact that i have grown and evolved a lot as a person in the last few years.
7.) What is your favorite season and why?
Early Autumn, when the weather is good to wear jeans and a t-shirt without being too hot or cold. Also Mid Summer because I love the summer storms that we get here on the East Coast (but I’m not a fan of the heat).
8.) Do you have any special talents?
Devastating charm and disarming wit. The ability to get up every day and keep going.
9.) What were your three favorite posters that hung in your bedroom as a teenager?
A poster of Sid Viscous from the Sex pistols playing bass.
An 80s poster of Samantha Fox in a leather biker outfit and impractical stiletto heeled boots.
One of those digital art trippy sphere posters that were so popular with stoners in the 90s.
10.) You’re a guest at a well-attended party, what are you most likely doing?
- Being deeply involved in conversation with one or two people.
- Wandering around awkwardly trying not to embarrass myself.
- Hiding outside with a cigarette and using Twitter on my phone in order to look busy.
It took me a month to come up with 10 people to nominate last time, I’ll start with one and add to it later.
EDIT: Here are my questions that i forgot to put in 😛
- Do you believe in the “You must write every single day” ethos?
- What was the last book you read?
- How do you find balancing time to write with the rest of your life?
- Are you a Planner or a Pantser?
- What are you currently working on?
- How do you handle criticism of your work?
- When people ask the inevitable “what do you write about?” how do you respond?
- Who are the Writers you admire and why?
- How much of yourself is in any of your characters?
- Where do you write from? What fuels the stories you choose to tell and why?